NIUTEC has extensive experience in many aspects of environmental analysis.
Cantonal authorities, municipalities and environmental offices in Switzerland count on our competent services for their monitoring and enforcement tasks. Industry, trade and private individuals appreciate our reliable and approved data in order to comply with the legal and regulatory requirements.
We are passionate about innovative and creative participation in studies and method developments as well as interpreting analytical data.
Whether routine commissions or special analyses – NIUTEC delivers on time, very good value for the money and with the highest possible level of customer service.
All aspects of soil protection within the Framework of the Ordinance on Soil Pollution, VBBo.
The VBBo regulates the long-term preservation of soil fertility:
- the observation, monitoring and assessment of chemical, physical and biological soil contamination
- the measures to be taken when dealing with excavated soil
- the more extensive measures taken by Swiss cantons in the case of polluted soils
Air and Gases
NIUTEC supports you as well Air pollution control issues within the Swiss Clean Air Act, LRV. The LRV regulates the protection of humans, animals, plants, their communities and habitats:
- the precautionary emission limitation for facilities
- the maximum permissible air pollution (emission limit values)
- the procedure to be followed in the event that emissions exceed the limits
Water and sewage
Concerns of water protection within the Water Protection Ordinance, GSchV. The GSchV regulates the protection of surface and underground water from adverse impacts and their sustainable use:
- Knowledge for new or further development of products and processes
- Providing and imparting knowledge on specialist topics
- Development of individual test processes and test methods
Contaminated sites, excavation
All aspects of the exploration, remediation and monitoring of contaminated sites according to the Waste Management Ordinance, AltlV. The AltlV ensures that polluted sites are remediated if they cause harmful or worrying effects:
- registration in a land register
- the assessment of the need for monitoring and remediation
- the specification of the investigation, monitoring and remediation measures
Topics related to the disposal of waste and the operation of waste facilities within the Ordinance on the Prevention and Disposal of Waste, VVEA. The VVEA and AHR regulate the protection of people, animals, plants and their communities as well as water, soil and air:
- the prevention and disposal of waste
- the construction and operation of waste facilities
- the recovery, treatment and deposition of excavated earth, overburden, and other excavated material
We are a member of the Soil Science Society of Switzerland, BGS, and since the VSBo/VBBo came into force, we have been intensively involved in the issues of long-term soil protection analysis. The findings from the preparation and analysis of countless soil samples from the cantonal soil monitoring programmes or in connection with the detection and monitoring of contaminated soils have provided us with a unique wealth of experience. From sampling, accredited for the first time in Switzerland in accordance with ISO 17025, through careful sample preparation and the determination of all relevant soil parameters and pollutants, to the archiving of the samples, we are at your disposal for advice and support.
A potential influence due to pollutants on soil fertility in cases of displacing soils can be estimated according to analytical results of NIUTEC.
ON TOPICS LIKE:
- Long-term soil monitoring in accordance with VBBo
- Condition assessment and monitoring of polluted soils
- Hazard assessment for polluted agricultural land
- Soil displacement and recycling of excavated soil (VaB)
- Pollutant imissions via airborne pathways (Bergerhoff, lichens and mosses)
- Conatminations and site characterisation of agricultural soils
- Nutrient- and pollutant contentof fertilisers such as compost and farmyard manure according to Chemical Risk Reduction Ordinance (ORRChem)
- Application of sediments in agriculture
- Since 1990, a trusted laboratory for the soil monitoring programmes of several cantons
- Projects commissioned by individual cantons to record and control contaminated soil in orchards, shooting ranges,, power lines, cable car masts
- Recording the pollutant situation and determining the recycling or disposal routes of the dredged sediments in many dams
- Decades of uninterrupted participation in VBBo ring tests with consistently high quality
- Accredited sampling in accordance with the manual soil sampling of the Federal Office for the Environment
Air – a
Clean air is one of the most important environmental issues in the world today. We are a member of the Swiss Society for Air Hygiene Measurement (Luftunion) and know the requirements and problems of the measuring companies from their own many years of measuring activity. Today we do without sampling and online measurements and make our know-how available to all measuring companies.
Whether it is the determination of individual substances in an offline procedure from absorption solutions, adsorbents or directly from the gas phase or for emission measurements with passive collectors – we do not only have the efficient analytical equipment, but can also help you by lending washing bottles and supplying absorption solutions and adsorption tubes.
ON TOPICS LIKE:
- Emission measurement of dust and particle-bound and filterable parameters in accordance with LRV
- Emission measurements of airborne particles (PM10)
- Emission measurements of particulate precipitation (Bergerhoff)
- Examination of pore air from polluted sites in accordance with AltlV
- Pollutant input via airborne pathways (Bergerhoff, lichens and mosses)
- Emission monitoring during the remediation of corrosion protection coatings on outdoor objects (bridges, masts, tank facilities, pressure pipes)
- Trusted laboratory of several emission measurement companies
- Emission monitoring during the deconstruction of a mercury contaminated site on an industrial site and during the remediation of a hazardous waste landfill
- Emission monitoring during the remediation of outdoor corrosion protection coatings on several motorway and railway bridges, pressure pipes and masts.
- Laboratory work in monitoring projects with lichens and mosses
Switzerland – known as the moated castle of Europe – is well aware of its treasure. We are a member of the Association of Swiss Sewage and Water Protection Experts, VSA, and are committed to paying special attention to maintaining high water quality.
Whether industrial waste water, landfill water, seepage water, surface water or even our valuable groundwater – we check all types of water for its specific quality requirements – depending on its application and origin.
Compounds dissolved in water are often not very stable and change within a short time. We supply you with the suitable sampling vessels and the corresponding tips for conservation, so that your results also reflect the conditions on site.
ON TOPICS LIKE:
- Controls for industrial and commercial sewage discharge in accordance with GSchV
- Monitoring the environmental impact of landfills and polluted sites
- Groundwater monitoring (GSchV, TBDV, AltlV)
- Sediments, algae and mosses from surface waters
- Transfer of sediments from ports and shipping channels (IGKB)
- Survey of sewage charges for the operating cost distributor of sewage treatment plants (VSA)
- Pollutants in sewage sludge
- Long-term ground-, seepage- and stream water monitoring at a landfill for commercial and industrial waste
- Groundwater monitoring during the remediation of a CKW contaminated site
- Regular monitoring of sewage discharges in sewage treatment plants in the eastern part of Switzerland for the operating cost distributor
- Survey of the pollutant situation of lake sediments in Lake Constance within the scope of dredging in ports and shipping channels
- Analysis of lake and river sediments, algae and mosses in connection with damage during the restoration of a corrosion protection coating
Contaminated sites –
We know the special requirements for the investigation of contaminated sites from our own experience and, with investigations of extensive construction and usage histories on industrial sites,
we have acquired a know-how that we incorporate into our daily laboratory work. This provides you with a reliable basis for interpretation for your further decisions.
Whether it is the investigation of contaminated sites or the triage on the construction site, our laboratory and our chemists will help you to localise and contain contamination while optimising efforts and Costs.
ON TOPICS LIKE:
- Investigation and remediation of polluted sites according to AltlV (groundwater, pore air)
- Estimation of the additional costs of dismantling or conversion due to contaminated sites
- Excavation and triage to determine the disposal routes in accordance with AHR and VVEA (soil).
- Conversion of industrial and commercial premises
Despite great efforts, our modern society is producing more and more waste, which must be disposed of in an appropriate and environmentally friendly manner. We are all confronted with the problem of waste. Routine checks are our daily business and innovative laboratory work, e.g. declaration of waste, is our speciality.
Whether for the delivery and acceptance of waste in landfills or in incineration, processing and recycling facilities or for the assessment of environmental impact, our laboratory and chemists support you with flexible solutions
ON TOPICS LIKE:
- Excavation control in accordance with AHR and VVEA
- Determination of the disposal routes in accordance with AHR and VVEA
- Deconstruction of industrial and commercial buildings
- Material declaration of industrial waste and in facility dismantling
- Remediation of corrosion protection coatings on outdoor objects (bridges, masts, tanks)
- Survey of the construction and usage history with preparation of the suspicion matrix and laboratory work on the industrial sites of Sulzer in Winterthur and Saurer in Arbon
- Long-standing trusted laboratory for many contaminated site consultants, engineering offices and real estate companies
- Extensive triage analysis for the remediation of industrial sites and landfills
- Material declaration and emission monitoring during the dismantling of facilities on the Sulzer sites and tank facilities
- Complex laboratory work in the renovation of commercial enterprises such as tanneries, metal finishing, hardening shops as well as in the renovation of gas works